Trial Evidence Foundations, James Publishing (New Edition)
Formatted for quick reference, each foundation is tightly covered in three or four pages. Use Mr. Tarantino’s helpful guidance to keep you from overlooking any required foundational elements, and point out when your opponent has. Trial Evidence Foundations provides step-by-step instructions for laying objection-proof foundations. The well-organized format makes it easy to quickly find the information you need. For each foundation, the book provides:
- The Rule. A concise statement of the scope, application and rationale of the rule underlying each foundation.
- Elements. The heart of the book, this section lists each fact which must be established to build a proper foundation.
- Tactics for the proponent: anticipating and avoiding the possible objections to your foundation, meeting any objections made, alternative admission procedures, expected judicial reactions, and tactics of the opposition.
- Tactics for the opponent: supporting your objection, alternative arguments, effect on the jury, judicial preferences, and protecting the record.
- Key cases. The names, citations, facts, and holdings of significant state and federal cases are listed. This section gives you fast, on-the-spot citations for the court.